The ATA offices are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. To reach any of the staff via email, use the email addresses below. To reach the staff by phone, or to leave a message for staff, please call us during office hours at (800) 634-8978. Click here to visit staff directory.
Board of Directors
LaGuinn Sherlock, Au.D.
Randy E. Phillips
Scott C. Mitchell, J.D., C.P.A.
Gary P. Reul, Ed.D.
Torryn P. Brazell, MS, CAE
Executive Director & COO (Ex-officio)
Washington, DC Metro
Col. John T. Dillard USA (Ret.)
Daniel J. Fink, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA
Michael E. Hoffer, M.D.
Jeannie Karlovitz, Au.D.
Thomas J. Lobl, Ph.D.
Joseph Trevisani, MBA
New York, NY
Ted Turesky, Ph.D.
Jinsheng Zhang, Ph.D.
Los Angeles, CA
Scientific Advisory Committee
Michael E. Hoffer, M.D., FACS
University of Miami Health System
Shaowen Bao, Ph.D.
University of Arizona
Susan M. Bowyer, Ph.D.
Henry Ford Health Systems
Dirk De Ridder, Ph.D.
University of Otago
Dunedin, New Zealand
Marc Fagelson, Ph.D.
East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN
Fatima T. Husain, Ph.D.
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Elisabeth Maria Knipper-Breer, Ph.D.
University of Tubingen
Mark S. Mennemeier, Ph.D.
University of Arkansas School for Medical Sciences
Little Rock, AR
Larry E. Roberts, Ph.D.
Hamilton, Ontario; Canada
Maria Rubio, Ph.D., M.D.
University of Pittsburgh
Jeremy G. Turner, Ph.D.
Illinois College, OtoScience Labs
Roland Schaette, Ph.D.
UCL Ear Institute, University College London
Grant D. Searchfield, Ph.D.
University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
Athanasios Tzounopulos, Ph.D.
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Pim Van Dijk, Ph.D.
University Medical Center Groningen
Fan Gang-Zeng, Ph.D.
University of California, Irvine
Jinsheng Zhang, Ph.D.
Wayne State University
Custom Design Specialist
- Assists with membership department administration.
Communications & Compliance Specialist
- For assistance with ATA's state charity offices maintenance obligations, and answers to questions about supporting ATA through Amazon Smile.
Scientific Research Coordinator & Programmatic Advisor
- For questions/assistance related to tinnitus research, ATA-funded research, applying for an ATA research grant; locating or starting a tinnitus support group in your area or any other programmatic-related questions.
Torryn BRAZELL, MS, CAE, CMP
Executive Director & Chief Operating Officer
Publisher, Tinnitus Today Magazine
- For assistance with major planned giving, endowments, the Tinnitus Advisors program, and answers to questions regarding governance, committees, and fiscal management.
- For assistance with accounts payable and accounts receiveable.
Manager, Member Services
- For assistance about your ATA membership and to provide contact information updates; answers about becoming an ATA member: Individual Membership, Gold and Silver Professional Provider Memberships.
- Responsible for accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
Human Resources Specialist
- Plans, directs, and coordinates ATA’s various human resource management activities.
- First point of contact for Foundations and other funding organizations to alert ATA of grant opportunities to fund critical patient community initiatives.
- Maintains IT computing, equipment and services that meet the needs of ATA's administrative, educational, and research programs.
Consulting Editor, Tinnitus Today Magazine
- To offer stories from those living with tinnitus, from the first stages to habituation, which could be featured in ATA's magazine, Tinnitus Today.
Health Policy Advisor
- Directs and advises ATA on health policy initiatives, with an emphasis on increasing funding for tinnitus research. Works with allied stakeholder groups and federal agencies to garner support for ATA's broader advocacy and awareness mission and core purpose.
Donor Relations Specialist
- First point of contact for companies, sponsors and partners to brand and market their opportunities with the ATA, including advertising in Tinnitus Today magazine, and sponsoring a Conversations in Tinnitus Podcast.