The ATA Has Been Working 50 Years—1971 to 2021—to Change The World of Tinnitus
In this seminal issue of Tinnitus Today magazine, marking our 50th anniversary, you’ll discover:
- how the ATA came about in 1971,
- how masking, a core tool for managing tinnitus, was the brainchild of ATA founding member and researcher Jack Vernon, PhD
- how one letter to Ann Landers in 1986 triggered an avalanche of more than 100,000 letters to the ATA asking for help,
- why Canadian actor William Shatner joined forces with the ATA in 1995 as an honorary director of the Board and powerful spokesperson for raising awareness of tinnitus,
- how the ATA is marking its 50th year by issuing $298,000 in new research grants.
To read the latest magazine and learn more about the evolution of evidence-based interventions, click here.
The Editorial Team, Tinnitus Today
Click here for pdf version.