The latest Tinnitus Today edition, our Spring 2018 Habituation issue is now available online!
Click here to launch the full digital edition.
View the PDF version here.
Special features that explore the habituation process include:
- An in-depth interview with Dr. Robert Sweetow on the evolution of our understanding of tinnitus and the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to lessen tinnitus distress.
- Guidance from a well-regarded CBT specialist on navigating the internet to maximize time on credible websites that aid the habituation process.
- A leading audiologist’s perspective on the importance of measuring how tinnitus affects concentration.
- New large-scale research validating the benefits of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for those with bothersome tinnitus.
- Enlightening stories from people whose lives were upended by the sudden onset of tinnitus and how they fought to rebuild their futures.
- Why addressing thoughts and emotions about tinnitus is critical to improving one’s sense of well-being and control over the condition.
Tools for patients & healthcare professionals to aid habituation and treatment include:
- ATA’s Patient Navigator, which provides a guide to seeking care and treatment.
- List of free sleep and sound apps beloved by audiologists and patients.
- Stages of Habituation presented for easy reference.