Do you have a passion to help shape the future of education, support and research for the tinnitus community? This may be your opportunity!
ATA is seeking candidates for three (3) Board of Directors positions, terms beginning July 1, 2018.
Click here to download the ATA Board Application.
This is a new nominating process for recruiting ATA Board members, with our goal to make ATA’s Board of Directors even more representative of the entire tinnitus community. We need people who have tinnitus, tinnitus health professionals, researchers and those who may not have tinnitus, but have family or friends with tinnitus and are motivated to positively contribute to advancing ATA’s mission and core purpose.
You are welcome to self-nominate or nominate others who would be excellent ambassadors for ATA’s mission and stewards of the organization.
This is a volunteer position and requires the following:
- Support the articles of incorporation, bylaws and policies of ATA, and mission/core of the association. ATA’s governance documents can be found at https://www.ata.org/governance.
- Be able to attend and participate in four Board meetings per year. Two meetings are by telephone conference call and two are in person meetings at various locations in the U.S.
- Be able to contribute or fundraise at least $1,000 per year and continue your regular ATA membership at the $40 membership fee.
- Actively promote the organization and its mission including support for scientific research focused on the advancement of treatments and the development of cures.
- Declare and have no conflicts of interest.
Service as an ATA Board member requires that individuals support a collaborative process of deliberation who come to the Board with no predetermined agenda. We expect candidates to have ability to compromise when appropriate and support consensus decision making when necessary.
A Director position is an initial three-year commitment of service with the possibility for a one-time renewal, for a total six years of service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Or know someone who might be a great nominee? Please fill out this form and send to Dr. Gary Reul, ATA Nominations Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00PM, Eastern, March 12, 2018.
Five to seven finalists will be interviewed via conference call between March 26 and April 7, 2018. The ATA Board of Directors will vote on the finalists on April 28, 2018 and applicants and finalists will be contacted no later than May 5, 2018 to be notified if they have been selected to serve.
Thank you for your interest in serving on ATA’s Board of Directors. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Nominations Committee welcomes you to submit your application by March 12, 2018.