The ATA offices are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. To reach any of the staff via email, use the email addresses below. To reach the staff by phone, or to leave a message for staff, please call us during office hours at (800) 634-8978. Click here to visit staff directory.
Board of Directors
LaGuinn Sherlock, AuD
Randy E. Phillips
Scott C. Mitchell, JD, CPA
Gary P. Reul, EdD
Torryn P. Brazell, MS, CAE
Executive Director (Ex-officio)
Washington, DC Metro
David Hadley, MBA
San Francisco, CA
Michael E. Hoffer, MD
David Hopkins, DO
Jeannie Karlovitz, AuD
Thomas J. Lobl, PhD
Jill Meltzer, AuD
John Minnebo, MBA
Joseph Trevisani, MBA
New York, NY
Ted Turesky, PhD
Melissa Wikoff, AuD
Grand Rapids. MI
Jinsheng Zhang, PhD
Los Angeles, CA
Scientific Advisory Committee
Michael E. Hoffer, MD, FACS
University of Miami Health System
Shaowen Bao, PhD
University of Arizona
Susan M. Bowyer, PhD
Henry Ford Health Systems
Marc Fagelson, PhD
East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN
Fatima T. Husain, PhD
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Mark S. Mennemeier, PhD
University of Arkansas School for Medical Sciences
Little Rock, AR
Larry E. Roberts, PhD
Hamilton, Ontario; Canada
Maria Rubio, PhD, MD
University of Pittsburgh
Jeremy G. Turner, PhD
Illinois College, OtoScience Labs
Roland Schaette, PhD
UCL Ear Institute, University College London
Grant D. Searchfield, PhD
University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
Athanasios Tzounopulos, PhD
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Pim Van Dijk, PhD
University Medical Center Groningen
Fan Gang-Zeng, PhD
University of California, Irvine
Communications & Compliance Specialist
- For assistance with ATA's state charity offices maintenance obligations, and answers to questions about supporting ATA through Amazon Smile.
Scientific Research Coordinator & Programmatic Advisor
- For questions/assistance related to tinnitus research, ATA-funded research, applying for an ATA research grant; locating or starting a tinnitus support group in your area or any other programmatic-related questions.
Torryn BRAZELL, MS, CAE, CMP
Publisher, Tinnitus Today Magazine
- For assistance with major planned giving, endowments, the Tinnitus Advisors program, and answers to questions regarding governance, committees, and fiscal management. First point of contact for companies, sponsors and partners to brand and market their opportunities with the ATA, including advertising in Tinnitus Today magazine, and sponsoring a Conversations in Tinnitus Podcast.
ON DEMAND Accounting & HR Services
- Responsible for accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
Human Resources Specialist
- Plans, directs, and coordinates ATA’s various human resource management activities.
Consulting Editor, Tinnitus Today Magazine
- To offer stories from those living with tinnitus, from the first stages to habituation, which could be featured in ATA's magazine, Tinnitus Today.
Health Policy Advisor
- Directs and advises ATA on health policy initiatives, with an emphasis on increasing funding for tinnitus research. Works with allied stakeholder groups and federal agencies to garner support for ATA's broader advocacy and awareness mission and core purpose.
Senior Manager of Member Services
Oversees the management of ATA's relationships with professional healthcare members and individual members. Forward questions about how to become a member, provide contact information updates, receive help in setting up monthly giving, and obtain information about ATA's Tinnitus Today magazine.