Rules of Conduct
- Advertising of any kind is prohibited. This includes any and all products, services, events, surveys or job opportunities.
- Defamatory, abusive, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Use caution when posting/emailing/conveying messages concerning other individuals, products, or services. Comments posted/emailed/said within the ATA community are considered public and are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. Note that the ATA does not endorse/vet products or people affiliated with tinnitus care.
- Do not post/email/convey information that may encourage or facilitate people to arrive at any agreement that either directly or indirectly leads to boycotting another's business.
- Do not post/email/convey information that attacks others. Communications within the ATA community are meant to stimulate conversation—not to create contention.
- Do not post/email/convey any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting/emailing material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner.
Decency and professionalism are expected within the ATA tinnitus community as characterized by civility, honesty, and constructive engagement. Any form of bullying, cyberbullying, harassment will not be tolerated and such postings will be removed immediately and without prior notice. Repeated infractions will result in the individual/s being banned from further interaction with the ATA’s online/email/volunteer community.
Cyberbullying/Bullying is characterized by threatening, harassing, humiliating, embarrassing or targeting another person or group of people. It can include name calling, intimidation, aggressive behaviors, spreading rumors, emotional intimidation, or persistent postings/communications that use patronizing and condemnatory language.
We Respect Your Privacy
Any personal information you provide to us, including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and email address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization.
The Risks of Using the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. We ask that you update your information with us when it changes. In addition, other websites or services that may be accessible through our website have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information, please contact the ATA at firstname.lastname@example.org.